After I posted what I packed in my hospital bag on my Instagram stories; I had a few requests to write a blog post to link the things I mentioned. I went into labor a couple days later and I’m just now getting around to posting it 🙂 I’ll link everything I packed, but I will also say if I used it during our hospital stay or not.
- Hospital Bag: I LOVE this bag because it held everything I needed/wanted to bring with me to the hospital.
- Comfortable underwear: I didn’t wear these at all during my stay because the mesh undies they have at the hospital were a lot more comfy.
- Nursing Bras: I brought two with me. One from Target and this one from Kindred Bravely. I wore both!
- Cute Robe For Photos: Because Oakley went to the NICU, I didn’t take any cute hospital photos because I didn’t have a chance to. So I did not get to wear this.
- Pajama Set: I wore these most of my pregnancy and they are so soft and comfortable! I had to bring them with me. However, I didn’t have a chance to wear them at the hospital.
- Comfy Slippers: I didn’t want to walk around the hospital in my fuzzy socks, so I decided to buy a pair of these cute ones!
- A couple pairs of fuzzy socks
- Comfy Night-shirt: I wasn’t sure if I would want to wear pants after delivering, so I also brought a night-shirt, which I did wear while I was in the hospital. This one is so comfy and less than $30!
- Tank top Night-gown: I wanted an option in case I felt hot, which I didn’t, therefore I did not use this in the hospital. This one is from Walmart.
- Nursing Tanks: I got one padded one from Target and two tanks from Walmart. I used them while at the hospital.
- Cheap pair of leggings: I got a couple pairs of leggings from Walmart in case I felt I needed to wear pants. I did wear them to go home in.
- 10 ft phone charger: In case there isn’t a close by outlet.
- Toiletries: I packed travel-size body wash, dry shampoo, hand sanitizer, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick and makeup removing wipes. I also packed a brush and hair ties.
- Hand-held mirror: To do makeup in bed instead of standing at a mirror in the bathroom.
- An outfit in sizes: Newborn, 0-3 and 3-6 months. You don’t know what size clothes your baby will fit in, so it’s a good idea to bring a few different sizes.
- A couple swaddles
- Going home outfit
- Carseat cover
Extra Things to Remember:
- Photo props you want to have: Letter board, sign or sticker.
- A Tripod/Bluetooth remote for your cell phone if you aren’t having someone take your photos. We did not get to use ours unfortunately. We got ours on Amazon.
- A birth plan just in case. I had one with me but I didn’t take it out the entire time I was there haha. Tanner and I made sure we were doing what we wanted and communicating that to the nurses, but it was nice to have it just in case your nurses didn’t ask you about specific details.
- A baby book! You will want the nurses to get those cute little newborn feet printed in your book while you’re at the hospital 🙂
Leave a Reply