Have you ever thought about what you would “never” let your kids do if you were a parent? Tanner and I have when we discuss how we want to parent. This post is mostly for us to look back on and see what stuck and what didn’t and to see how well we kept our word haha. I’m not here to judge other parenting styles because we could very well end up doing all of these at some point in our parenting adventures haha. I’m also curious to hear what things you said you would never do, but ended up doing after having kids! Just leave a comment below 🙂
- Drink Juice– We want our kids to only drink water so they aren’t addicted to sugary juice. We’ll see how long that lasts haha.
- No iPads/tablets while we are out to eat– I feel like this won’t last long, buttt we will try to enforce it haha
- No sugary treats before their first birthday– This means things like candy or even those Puff cereal snacks.
- No Co-Sleeping– I’m afraid if I start doing this right away that it will be hard to transition to a crib later on. Plus mom and dad want to sleep as soundly as possible at night!
- No screen time longer than 30min a day– This is when they are a little older, but we want to try to enforce imaginative and outdoor play as much as possible.
- Eat fast-food– I don’t think this will last long when they are older, but I want them to eat home-cooked meals as much as possible.
- No Swearing– This will NOT be tolerated in our house.
- No quitting an activity in the middle of a season– This means, if they are signed up to play soccer, we will not let them quite until the season is over. That also goes for if they committed to being in a play or something like that, they have to follow through with it.
I feel like this list will be funny to look back on later, but for now it seems pretty solid to us! Let me know if there are any other things you changed your mind on as your kids got older. I’d love to hear!
Leave a Reply