I have been so bad at blogging my pregnancy journey that I have decided to bullet point the important stuff while also giving you an update on other parts of life. That way you don’t have to read a super extensive blog post of all of my first and second trimester because that would be way too long. I’ll divide this series up into multiple posts though because there is a lot of things I want to express to you about my pregnancy experience and let you in on the other things going on in my life.
- I have never felt more sexy than I do right now. I LOVE my pregnancy body so far and how I look with a bump. Larger boobs are also a plus;) I’ve always imagined what I would look like pregnant and it’s so fun to see how my body changes each week. I’m still carrying small and low, but I feel large still haha.
- My first 20 weeks of pregnancy sucked to say the least. I had anemia that caused me to be fatigued all the time, but now I’m feeling so much better and more myself! I also don’t really have anemia anymore (at least for now) and I’m able to eat so much more food! It’s so nice.
- We are going to Seattle for Christmas and I seriously cannot wait! Going home for the holidays is always my favorite and I’ll have my first baby shower while I’m there too!
- I haven’t really had any major cravings lately. I find myself wanting salty/savory foods over sweets, but I haven’t had a time where I REALLY needed something. In the first trimester I wanted Milk and Chocolate milk, like all day long, but I cut that out of my diet and I haven’t craved it since.
- I plan on doing a natural birth. I really don’t know if I will 100% be able to do it honestly, but I am going to try my best. I am not opposed to an Epidural or a C-section if it’s what’s best for me and our baby though. I’m starting to get a little nervous about the birthing experience, but I know God will keep us safe and I’m putting all my trust in Him 🙂
- Our nursery theme is Grey and White with hints of woodland creatures. It will reflect the PNW with mountain shelves that Tanner will make and pine tree wall hangers. I wanted his room to be neutral and minimalistic so it is easier to transition and change when he gets older.
- I have been LOVING my new maternity leggings from BLANQI. I love how they don’t put pressure on my stomach and that they don’t lose their shape. The only maternity items I have bought are leggings, jeans and pajamas and that’s all I plan on getting. The pajamas are another thing I cannot stop wearing everyday. They are SO SOFT, comfortable and make me feel like a cute preggo lady haha. I really want to get it in another color!
- I bought us new stockings this year from Pottery Barn with our names on them, including one for Oakley. I figured I would get his this year in case next year got too busy that I forgot to order one. It’s so cute seeing it hung up next to ours 🙂
- I have been OBSESSED with Fir Needle essential oil. We diffuse it every night and it makes me feel like I am home in the PNW. It’s a very woodsy scent and I don’t know if I like it so much because I’m pregnant and my nose is extra sensitive, or if it’s actually that good haha. Tanner likes it too, but I’m on a whole new level with it where I sniff it periodically throughout the day haha.
- My goal has been to make an effort to get ready and dress cute on days that I work. When I’m not at work I don’t wear makeup or get ready at all and that’s totally okay with me, but I always feel my best when I make an effort to look cute.
My Dress is Non-Maternity from Boohoo. I got my normal size but I would definitely order one size up so I can get it over my bump easier.