I never ever leave the house without some sort of lip product on. That is a fact and you can ask all my friends for a reference. I’ve been obsessed with lipgloss and chapstick ever since I was little. It all started when my mom let me play with her makeup. Actually, now that I think of it, I don’t think she let me, but I did it anyway…sorry mom! LipSmackers was my drug of choice back then and I remember having so many flavors of chapstick laying around my room.
Fast forward 17 years and I’m still hoarding lip products like it’s my job. I have so many colors, different types and some colors that are the exact same, but different. At least, that’s what I tell my husband. But after years of experience with trial and error, I finally have a holy-grail list of products that I thought was time to share with you!
Before I share my list, please note, these colors are ones I found to be most flattering on me and my skin tone. I found that colors with a blue-hue in them make my teeth appear whiter and berry tones seemed to get me the most compliments. I’ll share all colors with you from reds, to nudes that I wear all the time!
***Shop The Products at the end of the post***
I wear red all year ’round but I like to change the tone slightly depending on the season. Here are my go-tos.
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in ‘Lady Balls’- This color is the best true-red. Perfect for holiday photos and tropical vacations and it stays put all day long!
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in ‘Tilt’– This is my favorite color for summer right now! It’s a red-orange and I get so many compliments whenever I wear it.
This color is probably my favorite because it’s different and looks good with almost anything.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche in ‘Matte-jestic’-The perfect deep purple for Fall/Winter.
- Revlon Matte Balm in ‘Passionate’– Such a pretty color to wear for all season! It’s always in my purse.
- Too Faced Melted Matte in ‘Queen B’– If there’s one nude color I love the most, it’s this one. It doesn’t smudge, stays all day long and it doesn’t make me look dead as some nudes seem to do haha.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in ‘Mehr’-This is the perfect shade for any outfit. I think this color will also be great to wear on your wedding day too!
- MAC Tendertalk Lip Balm in ‘Pretty Me Up’
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in ‘Shea Butter’– I love how this has SPF in it! It’s great for these hot Texas summers.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in ‘Frenemy’– I love bright colors as you can see. This one is a great color for summer.
- Too Faced Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in ‘Melted Fuchsia’-Also a great summer color and it’s a little more hydrating!
Leave a Reply